Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thine Eyes Did See the Glory of the Coming of the Lord

If I could write a letter to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I would say:
Dear Dr. King, In my last letter, I told you that a man with African ancestry was a serious contender for the nomination of the Democratic party for President. On the night before you were asassinated, the last words in what may have been your greatest speech were, quoting from the "Battle Hymn of the Republic," Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!"
Well, that man, President Elect Barack Obama was nominated and elected. And your "boy", the Rev. Jesse Jackson cried. I fought back tears and "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord" kept running through my mind. And I was so very sorry that you could not be here to see what you played a major role in accomplishing. I am sure that is one reason why Rev. Jackson was crying.
Thine eyes truly saw the glory of the coming of the Lord; we have come to the "promised land". However, it is full of Philistines, and it is even more hard to stay in the promised land than it is to get to the promised land.
But let's not dwell on that now; let's enjoy the moment.
Thank you doctor; rest in peace knowing your dream and prophetic vision are alive and well.

No comments: