Thursday, April 10, 2008

I made my point, but T-D misspelled my name

Re my recent post on Mayor L. Douglas Wilder's use of a letter "Richmond Proves Buckley Right" to The RICHMOND-TIMES DISPATCH in his VISIONS NEWSLETTER:
The T-D printed my rebuttal to Raymond B. Wallace's attack on the Richmond City Council on Thur. April 10, 2008. It gave the letter an appropriate, clever caption: "Letter Blasting Council Has It All Backward." And none of my points got lost in the editing.
Richmond City Council should be praised for the restraint it has shown, or it should be criticized for not being tough enough. But it would probably need a united front to be tougher.
It is the Mayor who has been the bully and the "pistol packing" warrior declaring no more olive branches.
Hopefully, the State Supreme Court will soon resolve the critical-crucial conflicts, and the city can take it from there.

1 comment:

Paul Hammond said...

Preston,

I'm glad your back on the job. Folks are tired of hearing me complain. I've decided to retire and just talk about food and movies.

Only kidding.